Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Disappearance of Love


In a very distant town, Love disappeared, people tried to find him in many places, trails and roads, they searched by the valleys, rivers, in the ravines, in the mountains, and they could not find him.
He is gone. Where is he hidden?
Then, they looked inside things, books, letters, trunks but he was not found.
Next, they decided to look in the eyes, ears, words, in the dreams, in the poems, in the songs, but it was not possible to find him, something terrible had happened.
Where is Love? Why is he gone? Why did he abandon us?
And when I made that comment, I realized my foolishness because sometimes, we have the truth, so close that we cannot see it. But, look, the reason is there.
I gathered the townspeople and asked their names and that was the key. One was named "Indignation" the other "Resentment" the other "Disillusionment." Others were named "Rejection" "Abandonment" "Fight" "Difficulties" "Tensions" Meanness" "Loneliness"
So, I got out of that people as quickly as I could. And while I was going away, I was feeling, I was sensing that I was going to find Love.
I had a great surprise because I just walked a few kilometers when I saw Love in front of a lake.
I asked him the name of the lake.
-It is called Tenderness. That mountain is called "Sweetness." That valley that you see near is called "Understanding." That plain is called "Dedication.
And then, everything was clear to me. Love is there, we only need to find him, by wanting to participate, to be part of him.
And after leaving behind the townspeople, I did not want to go back. Because Love is not found in Indifference, he will never be found there. But here, you will find him in Tenderness, and you will see the rebirth of that vast Tenderness where Love forever dwells.
~~~
Author/Artist: Oscar Basurto Carbonell

No comments: